The rally field was behind a pub which was convenient for an evening meal or two. Seven vans attended.
Friday morning we headed into Devizes to tour Wadsworth Brewery. We were fortunate to see the shire horses who had just returned from deliveries. The tour ended with samples of some of the beers - very enjoyable!
We had a group meal in the evening with strawberries and ice cream after to celebrate a birthday. The birthday boy was surprised by a gun totting cowgirl and Bertie Bassett, all good fun!
Saturday was our annual boules competition for the Keith Forder Cup. During a break in proceedings we enjoyed sandwiches and scones (with cream & jam).
Most of us managed a visit to Caen Hill Locks on the Kennet and Avon Canal whilst on the rally - 29 locks between Rowde and Devizes rising 237 feet over a 2 mile stretch (1 in 44 gradient). Hard work for those traveling the canal and a good walk for those just taking a look.
A busy rally, full of fun and things to do.
01. Just the rally officers us on the rally field
02. Time to put up the party tent
03. Betty holds the tent down
04. Irene Rob take a well earned rest
06. On the tour of Wadsworth Brewery
07. The Steam Engine used by the brewery in the early 1900s
08. Pete looks around the workshop where they paint the pub signs
09. Everyone wants to say hello to the shire horse
10. The tour is almost over
11. Dennis takes a last look at the carts
12. A quick look in the tack room
13. Time to walk back to the brewery
14. This is what Pete came for
15. Taking a rest in the bar
17. A group meal in the party tent
18. Betty arrives and pulls out a gun
19. Who is she gunning for
20. She is dressed to kill
22. Betty holds the Sweetie at gun point
23. It is a treat for Allans birthday
24. Relaxing after the entertainment
25. Something has tickled Maggi
26. Bill shares the joke with Mike and Jenny
28. Enjoying Court Gardens NT
30. Dennis gives instructions
31. and shows us what to do
33. A short break for scones with jam and cream
34. Back to business where did Irene get that hat
35. Action shot from Allan
36. The winners - Dennis Jo
37. Caen Hill Lock Flight
38. Caen Hill Lock Flight
39. Two barges in the locks
40. Ready to come out of the lock
43. Its a steep walk up the locks
44. Sharing the days activities
45. Drinks and chat in the evening